Recognizing America’s Top Veterinarians
The Vet500™ is an annual list of the best companion animal hospitals the United States has to offer. Rankings are determined by online reputation and client satisfaction.
What the Vet500™ is Not
The Vet500™ is not a popularity contest, unlike other “best of” contests you may have participated in. This means client satisfaction votes cannot be manipulated by the same people voting for the same animal hospital over and over again. Since the Vet500™ also incorporates a practice’s online reviews into the equation, an accurate outcome is more likely to be obtained.
The Vet500™ is also not a pay-to-play contest. If your practice has been nominated, currently there is no fee to claim it if you do so by July 10, 2019. Regardless, fees paid or marketing materials purchased will never change the outcome of the list. No practice will ever be able to pay to improve their ranking in the contest.
How it Works
- May 1 – June 15, 2019.
- Anyone can nominate any companion animal hospital in the United States. This may be done through our online form.
- Currently we’re only ranking the top companion animal hospitals as opposed to individual veterinarians.
- Nominations are subject to DVM Insider approval to ensure the nominee is eligible.
- DVM Insider will attempt to notify each company regarding their nomination.
- Eligible nominees that claim their nomination will advance to Stage 2.
- IMPORTANT: Once your company has been nominated, be sure to claim it right away! You cannot win if you don’t.
- August 26 – Sep 13, 2019.
- Anyone with a valid mobile number based in the United States may vote for a nominee.
- Participants are restricted to one vote. Each vote is validated via text message to retain the most reliable results.
- The 500 nominees with the most votes will move onto Stage 3.
- Here are a couple of ideas for nominees to attract more votes:
- Share the voting page with clients, friends, and family.
- Obtain reviews on Google and Yelp. (We count votes AND reviews to determine the final ranking.)
- Oct 1, 2018 – Sep 30, 2019
- In addition to votes, the Vet500™ also counts online reviews and ratings from the previous 12 calendar months.
- A finalist’s overall rating and the number of 5-star reviews (average per location, if multiple locations) on Google and Yelp are counted. Basically, the higher the rating and the more 5-star reviews received, the better your chances are of winning.
- This is our simplified formula for determining the winners:
5-Star Reviews x Overall Rating + Votes
What is required to enter our company in the Vet500™ contest?
- The published address for the company needs to be in the United States.
- A company must have a published Google My Business profile.
How do we win the Vet500™ contest?
- First and foremost, provide awesome customer service and take great care of your patients all year long!
- Claim your nomination. This is a required step and you can’t win if you skip it.
- Get the word out to your clients, friends, and family. Ask for their vote and provide them with a direct link to the voting page on our website. Utilize the free and paid marketing materials available on our site to help you attract votes.
- Obtain as many 5-star reviews on Google and Yelp as you can. Online reviews are more difficult to get, so naturally, we will value them more than votes.
Can I get notifications for the contest?
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- We also provide email notifications when there’s news and information to share. Just be sure that we have your email address! To sign up, click here.
How do we obtain 5-star reviews?
- As mentioned above, you first need to earn them by providing awesome customer services and taking great care of your patients. Happy clients are more likely to rate you with 5-stars.
- There’s no need for bribes. Simply make it simple for your happy clients to review you online. RevenueJump can help you accomplish this more easily.
What if a nominee tries to cheat or manipulate results?
- The integrity of the Vet500™ is of utmost importance to DVM Insider, Inbound Systems, its affiliates, and its finalists and winners. Cheating will not be tolerated.
- At our sole discretion, if we determine a nominee has attempted to unethically improve its position within the contest, or hurt another nominee’s standing, we may disqualify the nominee and/or strip the finalist or winner of its title.
- Not sure about the tactics you are using to get nominations, votes, or reviews? Play it safe and clear it with us first, please!
When will the winners be announced?
- It takes time to sort through and organize all the data points because there are literally hundreds of thousands of them.
- Once validated, the winners will be announced in late October, 2019 on our website.
We won! Now what?
- First of all, congratulations! Be proud of yourself and enjoy it because you know how many veterinarians you were competing against.
- Next, use your newly-obtained Vet500™ credential to enhance your marketing strategies. Broadcast it on your website, social media, advertising, in your office, on your printed materials, voicemail scripts, treatment presentations, etc.
- Through Inbound Systems we’ll also provide other ways for you to get the word out. Stay tuned for our post-contest notifications.